This Month’s ‘Sports Star of the Month’ goes to a young man who has achieved some outstanding results in Fencing and has been one of the first sportsmen at Cricklade Manor Prep to achieve International Honours in their chosen sport. Our sports star has been one of the leading lights in putting fencing on the map at Cricklade Manor and we as a school are immensely proud of his achievements.
Mr Bromley has been a key figure in the success of this young fencer and it has been great to see that with hard work and determination, you will go on to achieve great things. We would like to highlight a few of our sports star’s recent successes:
· Gloucestershire county U14 championships - Foil gold, epee gold and sabre silver – man at arms for best performance over 3 weapons.
· Southern region comprising 5 counties of Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire where on average 50 children competed at each event - Foil bronze u14, epee bronze and sabre silver.
· Qualified for British Youth Championships for all three weapons – second child at the school ever to do this.
· Paris CEP Marathon foil - 64th out of 234 at U14
· Challenge Wratislavia - selected for England for both epee and foil U15 and finished 100th out of 206 in epee and 161st out of 224. To be selected he had to finish in the top 12 positions nationally in each weapon. To do this in one weapon is a great achievement – to do it in two weapons is incredible and to do it in two weapons, two years running when you are young for your age group this year, has never been done before at CMP.
We continue to develop some amazing talent here at Cricklade Manor and we hope that our students will continue to be inspired by our current sports men and women as well as our alumni sports stars. We are extremely excited to see what our pupils can achieve in the future!